QUOTES FROM THE KIDS I NANNY FOR
I nanny for a 2.5 year old, a 6 year old, and a 9 year old. These aren't word for word exact quotes, but the general gist is the same. Inspired by @alyssapoliti
- •"Wow." (Like true, genuine amazement upon finding out that my car was waterproof)It started to rain, and we were all looking at the street out the front window, and 6 said, "oh no, your car's going to get all wet!" And I said, "it's okay, my car's waterproof." And the 6 year old and 9 year old were truly amazed. I don't think the 2.5 year old understood.
- •"You should use (some random acne product she saw in an infomercial) on your face. It's for big kids. It's for- how old are you? (Me: 19) 19 year olds. Yeah. It's 19 and up."The 6 year old, boosting my self esteem since 2010.
- •"They're from different movies, but that's his daughter. It's true."This was the 6 year old explaining to me that Princess Anna from Frozen was Captain Barbosa's daughter. And I said, "oh really, how do you know that?" And she said, "I can't remember where I heard that. I just know it's true."
- •"Who's staying with you?"The 6 year old, upon learning that my parents were out of town.
- •This conversation which I already listed about here: ADULTHOOD! F*** YEAH!
- •"She wears makeup when she goes out to parties. When she parties."6 asked me if I was wearing makeup and 9 made this assumption about my life.