I spend all day with a 2 1/2 year old. The struggle is real.
- •Answer "no" to everything.Even if no doesn't make sense. "Hi, how are you?" "No."
- •If there's a task you don't like doing, make sure you prolong said task to make it 10x longer than it would've been if you'd just cooperated.For example, my 2 1/2 year old hates having his diaper changed. So he throws a fit and runs around and turns a 2 minute task into a 15 minute task.
- •Repetition is key.Did you just ask a question and get an answer? Well, by all means, ask it again! And don't stop there, just repeat everything you say at least 4 times.
- •Help is for suckers.Is someone trying to clean up your mess? Carry your plate to the table? That person is an enemy and deserves to get a piece of your mind.
- •Being too loud is impossible.Why would you lower your voice? Clearly the entire pool needs to know that your nanny is going to the bathroom. That is pertinent information.
- •There's absolutely nothing wrong with requesting a food and then waiting until the food is made to decide that you don't want it.You changed your mind! Others should just respect that!