This is inspired by @nathanveshecco and his requests for everyone to talk about what they think is overrated and underrated.
- •I have a lot of opinions about what I think is overrated, but I don't want to talk about that. I want to talk about something that I think is underrated: love.
- •In the 2006 movie Aquamarine, Hailey (Jojo) says that love "is the closest thing we have to magic."That quote has stayed with me for years.
- •@kaitmaree pointed out that people say that we say we love things too much, but she disagrees, we don't say it enough. I agree with her 100%, we don't say it nearly enough.
- •If you ask me, love is incredibly magical, amazing, and like Ted Mosby says, "the best thing we do."
- •Why do you think my mom deals with me when I'm being a jerk? Because she loves me.
- •Why do you think my uncle has let me stay at his house for the last four weeks rent free, and not making me pay for food? Because he loves me.
- •Why do you think I still snuggle with my dog even though she chews up my sunglasses? Because I love her.
- •Love has many forms. I love my mom, my dad, my sister, my dogs, my friends, my grandma, my grandpa, my uncle, my cousins, and so many more that I can't think of right now. And each one of those loves is different and unique.
- •Love is why we get up every morning and what powers us to get through the day.
- •At almost any point in time, think about what you're doing. Chances are, it's because of love, either for something or someone.
- •I know I don't say I love you to the people I love nearly enough. My mom carried me in her stomach for 8 and a half months, spent at least 11 hours in labor, gave birth to me, and that was all before she even met me. I should never not be saying I love you to her.
- •My dad has spent so many hours with me, teaching me about softball, movies, the world, and he has worked so hard all my life so that he could give me the world. I should never not be saying I love you to him.
- •My sister has been patient with me for a countless number of hours, has introduced me to many things I love, has made me laugh so hard that milk came out of my nose, and has always been one of my biggest supporters. I should never not be saying I love you to her.
- •My dogs have given me a sense of safety that I don't have from anyone else. They make life seem simple again, and they love me no matter what. I should never not be saying I love you to them.
- •So do I believe that love is underrated? Hell yes I do. Love deserves so much more credit than it receives. It is a powerful, magical force that makes us do crazy things and make crazy choices. And it's one of the best things that exists in this world.
- •And I just want to say that I love you all very much.