You don't have to apologize for being sad
- •I just want to say that you don't have to apologize for posting something that's bringing you down or making you sad.
- •We all know what it's like to be sad, lonely, upset, angry, and all of those other bad emotions.We know how much it sucks.
- •I love hearing about all of your lives, and I want to be here for the good stuff and the bad stuff.I love hearing about your families, your favorite tv shows, your jobs, your pet peeves, your loves, your favorite books, and more. I truly love being present and hearing about what's going on with you. And any sadness you might be experiencing is part of your life.
- •I'm not a "Good Vibes Only" kind of person.In fact, those signs make me very angry. What the fuck do those even mean? It's impossible to be happy all the time. And I don't expect the world to protect me from its not so good vibes. I'm a big girl. I can handle it.
- •I understand that life is very painful and sometimes you just need to talk about it.It helps to unload some of that sadness by talking about it. And honestly? Reading your list about why you're upset, and then subsequently commenting a few words and maybe some heart emojis takes 2 or 3 minutes out of my day. It doesn't completely ruin my day or make me sad, but chances are it makes you feel about 100 times better to know that you're not alone.
- •So please, don't hold back on the sad stuff for fear of being negative or a downer. And don't apologize for needing to talk about it.We're here for you. We want to know what's going on so we can support you. That's what friends are for.