THINGS I COULD BE BETTER AT/ABOUT
- •ListeningMy roommate/boyfriend, Ian, is an awesome listener. He can remember things I said six months ago, but not in the "I'm going to store this to bring up for a fight way." More in the "yes, I remember you talking about Fred's sister's husband's cow. Tell me more." It's great. I, on the other hand, respond to him speaking at least every couple of days, "Huh? What did you say? I wasn't listening." At least I'm honest about it? So listening. I'd like to work on that.
- •Words with Friends with my GrandmaI have this app on my phone purely for the 1-2 games I am playing with her. Oftentimes it takes me 3 days to make my move because I am "busy" or distracted. Except my phone is constantly attached to me and it takes 30 seconds. It's a minuscule amount of effort and time that makes her disproportionately happy, and I need to stop making excuses and just try to find a place for my 'Q.'
- •Not leaving every assignment/paper to the last possible minuteI (almost) always meet the deadline, but the process causes unnecessary stress and occasional crying that could be easily avoided.
- •Texting/Calling my parentsSee Words with Friends
- •Not leaving clean laundry in the dryer for days at a timeSometimes folding clothes seems like an insurmountable task.
- •So many other things, but this feels like a decent start.