AMSTERDAM RECOMMENDATIONS FOR @sky
- •Walk everywhereThe tram is weird and you can get everywhere by foot in like no time. It's also how you'll see more of the architecture, end up in crafts fairs, and find an ice cream place whose name you wish you could remember so you could recommend it but all you can recall is that a scoop of strawberry and a scoop of macadamia go really nicely together.
- •DampkringMy favorite coffee shop (winkety wink wink). They have a spooky cat named Bowie and the vibe is 😗👌 Also, milkshakes.
- •MoedersMake a reservation because it fills up quick, but it's tasty as hell. Split the Dutch Ricedish with someone for a sampling of all the Dutch food they serve (and eat more than your share of the stew with mustard seeds when said someone is distracted).
- •Bar OldenhofI loved this place, it has a real speakeasy vibe. The staff is lovely (they helped me into my coat and called me miss). Last time I was there they made me a cocktail with a 100 year-old liquor and it was dope.
- •Het StuivertjeI cannot recommend this place highly enough. We stumbled into it when another place fell through and it was easily the best food we had in Amsterdam, possibly on this earth.
- •FriesEat 10,000 fries.
- •G'sReally cute brunch place, heavy on the Drake references.
- •KeukenhofOkay so like, it's like the Disneyland of flowers. A lot of really beautiful tulips, but very manicured, too many people, and there are ladies dressed in old Dutch clothes to greet you when you go in while an organ basically plays It's A Small World. My advice is go, see it, then hop a barbed wire fence into an actual tulip field down the road.
- •RijksmuseumA really massive and diverse collection.
- •Van Gogh MuseumI loved it, it's small but really wonderful.
- •Bakers and RoastersAnother v tasty brunch spot.
- •Indonesian foodThere is tons of great Indonesian food in Amsterdam. I'd never had it before, it's very lemongrassy which I really liked. Get a rijsttafel, eat it all.
- •The apple pie at de BakkerswinkelI do not get jazzed about apple pie. I got jazzed about this apple pie. 🎶🎷
- •PancakesEat 10,000 pancakes.
- •Have the best time!