BAD SONG CHOICES FOR YOUR MONTAGE
- •In the Summertime" by Mungo JerryThis seems like the perfect song to go under a fun floppy hat montage, but listen closely and you'll realize it's absolutely not. Because it's about date rape.
- •"Pop Goes the Weasel"See above.
- •Anything by RadioheadIt's a cheap move. Earn those emotions! With Philip Glass, or something.
- •"Hallelujah," any versionSo I think my favorite joke I've ever written is in 6-year-old pilot, where the opening of "Hallelujah" starts to play over a totally way emotional moment and then cuts off immediately: "just kidding!" I will take a bow now.
- •"Paradise by the Dashboard Lights"Could you imagine?? This song is a montage unto itself.
- •"Mambo Number 5"Unless you're Lars Von Trier, in which case, I love it.