CENTRAL METAPHORS FOR MY BIOPIC
Onwards to the Independent Spirit Awards
- 1.I was a Girl Scout for three years and never earned a single badge.
- 2.My college has been holding my diploma since 2007 because I owe something to the tune of $11ish in library fees.Ehhh.
- 3.There is an opened but unread letter sent from a federal prison sitting on my bedside table.I'm pretty sure I know what it says.
- 4.I get doubled carded ordering Shirley Temples at bars.Babyfaced alcoholics unite and take over?
- 5.My parents thought they’d named me after a flower; in reality, I’m a parasitic jungle vine that climbs atop the other vegetation and sucks up all the sunlight.