FIVE FIRST SENTENCES FOR NOVELS
- 1.Megan was tired, because she had fucked the barista, married the waiter, and killed the mixologist.
- 2.Every night just before bed, Farley would pause at the calendar on his wall and make his move in the game of tic-tac-toe he was playing against God.
- 3.I drank from the faucet, ran motor oil through my hair, and dabbed a bit of gunpowder on the insides of my wrists.
- 4.Everything had burned in the fire except for three cans of water chestnuts, a tube of baby shampoo, and a torn issue of Playboy from November of 1976.
- 5.The waves were loud and heavy and they crashed to the shore carrying a message in a bottle: “you, my friend, are an alcoholic.”