Favorite Parts of Subbing
- •When kids try to pull pranksMy dears, I pulled the same shit on my subs, be original for goodness sake
- •When the trouble makers don't think I know their names but the kids around them say it multiple timesThis way, I can make sure that they know I can always write their name down for the teacher. I almost never do. But sometimes, like today, they push it too far
- •Being asked if I'm a studentSarcasm, but this crap is starting to get funny
- •I literally have instructions and don't have to stress about planning a lesson.I can plan lessons and sometimes if all goes downhill, I've thrown one together to further explain a part of a lesson of kids are confused.
- •The kidsI get to meet new kids everyday and learn from them. Which sounds weird. But I learned more about learning styles subbing than I did in a classroom in college. That says something about my learning style I guess
- •PaycheckI don't really like admitting I teach to get paid, but it helps. And it gives me a steady income without me worrying about unions and such