TOP TEN MOMENTS OF THE 1989 WORLD TOUR/ALSO 2015 IN GENERAL
Because I am not an imbecile, I obviously saw the show live. But after watching the new movie thing multiple times, I can confirm that these are the tour's 10 best moments
- 1.I Knew You Were TroubleYou're probably thinking, "Ummmm this is a RED era song??? Surely this is an error?" But NOPE! Taylor, crafty little minx that she is, remixed IKYWT for the 1989 tour and somehow it is even BETTER than the original? And also better than anything else on the 1989 tour?? The "stop! ... Go." part! The "saddest fear" part! The opening part where she's on the floor! It's phenomenal.
- 2.The Oh-Oh-Oh Singalong Part of Out Of The WoodsLook, if you don't know what this means then I can't help you & you should probably stop reading this immediately and watch the full concert movie rn
- 3.Blank SpaceSpecifically the part with the golf club.
- 4.Clean SpeechThe Apple Music version isn't actually the greatest iteration of this speech, though. I'm not unsympathetic to complaints that knowing she's repeating the same spiel every night ruins the magic. HOWEVER, I'm not going to fault her for coming up with an inspiring, moving speech & then wanting to make sure she always hits the specific turns of phrase that make it great. It doesn't technically seem true, but if she says walking through a bunch of rainstorms makes you clean, I believe her!!
- 5.Clean PerformanceSpecifically the "I'm never gonna risk it no" breakdown. Also the visuals.
- 6.When She Brings Out A Special Guest Performer!!OBVIOUSLY this is exciting as hell. Who will it be!? Will you know the song and be able to continue your streak of singing along to all the words in the show?? But notice that I very specifically say "performer" and not "random celebrity who just walks around for no reason during a song that is actually really poignant and brilliant and deep but has made into a parody for the sake of glorifying models and what celebrities I guess think friendship is." (Julia Roberts being the exception obvs)
- 7.That All-My-Friends-Are-Models Power StrutLiterally my favorite thing to do is look at tumblr gif sets of the progression of Taylor's walk through the years. She's crafted a lil "I dance embarrassingly!" persona for herself, but she's not fuckin around when she walks that catwalk. Girlfriend knows how to command stadiums full of 50,000+ crazed fans! (Also for real: HOW does she do all these shows in those intense heels???)
- 8.Enchanted/Wildest Dreams MashupMan, what a brilliant move to take the fourth worst song on this album and temper it with her second best song of all time. Now, clearly Taylor doesn't view it this way considering she made Wildest Dreams a single- but I think the fact that the single didn't perform up to par proves my point.
- 9.Surprise Acoustic Grab-Bag SongYes, she probably performed Fifteen too often. But the excitement of not knowing what it'll be & hoping for certain tracks & then maybe getting your wish is thrilling! The concert version is You Are In Love, which is one of her best songs ever BUT it's glory is ever so slightly undermined by the fact that the crowd seems to have FORGOTTEN not to repeat her during the parts of the song that are supposed to be SILENT. bc you can hear it in the silence, GOD
- 10.This LoveSo this is reserved and maybe kind of a come-down but it is one of the top 3 songs on the album and therefore her live performance of it is obviously great
- 11.*Biggest Missed Opportunity: WonderlandI would be remiss if I didn't note that this song had the potential for an epic performance. She occasionally did a stripped-down acoustic version of it during the surprise/grab-bag portion but that's totally a disservice to the cool production of this song. And it's clearly not a bias against album bonus tracks, considering stupid New Romantics gets such a prime spot in the set list. Alas.
- 12.*Honorable Mention: Her PHENOMENALLY improved vocalsCan you get vocal chord implants? Because WHOA DAMN those high notes!