Lidia's Cooking Essentials
The five things in my kitchen I can't cook without.
- •GraterI always buy my fresh cheese in a chunk at the store and grate it as close as possible to serving the dish.
- •OXO 12" TongsEssential for transferring long pasta from boiling water to sauté pan - also handy for plating pasta into "nidos", or nests in bowls before serving.
- •Simple Salt CrockI like to add salt progressively throughout cooking - a salt crock nearby makes this easy.
- •Copper Skimmer with Bamboo HandlePerfect for fishing out veggies from boiling water - as well as short pasta shapes.
- •Oval French OvenI love to braise; it's a great comfort food technique that brings flavored together - a heavy, wide casserole pot is essential.