Highs and Lows of Summer Vacation 2016
Saint Augustine, Florida. It was good but it also sucked.
- •Getting away 👍🏼And having a beautiful view to wake up to every morning.
- •Early wake up call every morning. 👎🏼Sharing a beach house with a couple of tots when you're a couple of DINKs is an adjustment for sure.
- •Visiting the local distillery 👍🏼Free tour with free booze.
- •Your cat dying while you're on said vacation 👎🏼Pour some for my fallen homie at the next distillery tour. BEST. CAT. EVER. (He's not dead in the picture. Just to clarify.)
- •Drinks at the Ice Plant 👍🏼Dusk Til Dawn is the best drink I've had in my life! I don't drink much but I feel the $22 I paid for 2 drinks was money very well spent there.
- •Watching someone reel in a shark on the beach right outside my door. 👎🏼He released it but the poor thing has a huge hook stuck in its mouth... If it survived the trauma. And thanks for drawing the sharks in towards shore with your bait, fisherman.
- •Dinner 👍🏼We ate at some yummy places, Harry's, The Columbia, Meehans, A1A Alehouse... Delicious food.
- •Going to bed 👎🏼Although I slept like a baby in this bed, my husband and I spent a week living like we were on I Love Lucy the early years... Separate twin beds. I'll be honest it had its advantages as well as its disadvantages.
- •Hitting up our favorite pub. 👍🏼Ann O'Malley's for a cool pint and a good sandwich in the middle of the day, there's nothing else like it!
- •Florida 👎🏼It's hot. I live on the opposite coast of Florida, it's hot there, too.
- •Shade 👍🏼Makes Florida bearable.
- •Nightmares 👎🏼About this creepy baby doll you saw on an old home tour.
- •Night time crab walks on the beach 👍🏼More thrilling than it sounds. *no crabs were harmed in these crab walks.
- •Finding a dead crab on your crab walk. 👎🏼Just sad.
- •Architecture and history 👍🏼Plenty of that on the historic coast.
- •Going home. 👎🏼It's so hard to say goodbye...
- •Spending a week with family and friends 👍🏼The best part.