A Day in the Life
Stole this idea from @roaringsoftly ❤️❤️
- •515. Kiss husband goodbyeI'm either wide awake or barely conscious when he leaves for work.
- •630. Wake UpAlarm has wrung 3 times by now & if I'm not too lazy, I'll get up & not hit snooze again.
- •635. Brush teeth, check emails/social media/ reply to missed texts from the night before/ pick out morning music for my showerI've been listening to The Shins again of late.
- •700. Showered, dressed, denied food to my cats (I'm the WORST human ever): time to wake Lily upRight about now I'm so grateful I laid her clothes out the night before because waking her up is a trick, let me tell you.
- •721. Drive Lily to SchoolIt is literally almost always 7:21 when we leave & 7:25 when I sign her in at Adventure Club.
- •735. Stop at the gas station for coffee
- •800. Arrive at my office & begin my work dayUpdate my voicemail, check urgent emails, look in the back to see if anyone brought in muffins.
- •1130. Lunch breakAn hour to do whatever I want. Usually I watch a couple episodes of something on my phone while eating the crappy gas station salad I had bought that morning.
- •1230. Back to workBelieve it or not: insurance is actually a lot more interesting than you'd think. I wrote a policy for a $10MM home for someone the other day. And I had another client call to have me insure the Lamborghini he just picked up, nbd. It's never dull.
- •400. Text from husband"Will I pick up some wine & how does chicken sound for dinner?" Yes and yes.
- •500-530. End of workI'm off at 5, but I usually stick around to finish up whatever I'm in the middle of.
- •6ish. Arrive homeImmediately change into pjs & turn water off in Lily's bath (she fills the tub WAAAAY too full).
- •700. Pour a glass of wineThere we go.
- •730+ EveningDinner, coloring with Lily, z