FEELINGS INSIDE AN EMPTY BAR IN AN ABANDONED TOWN
Had the occasion this week to watch basketball with my dad in an off-season Tahoe bar. Felt all the feelings.
- 1.Lonesome for every man I've ever loved.I am the queen of productive melancholy in empty bars.
- 2.Am I more a Mountain Wife or a Basketball Player's Wife?🗻 vs 🏀 Discuss.
- 3.I once said if I could have one wish—aside from world peace—it would be to have a tongue like a Jackson chameleon so that I could dip it in salt and then drink a marg in the same second.It was 2010 and I was at the East Village Dallas BBQ. There's a video of it somewhere.
- 4.What if I drank like 5 margs.I LIKE TEQUILA. (But am totally not a drinker.)
- 5.My dad engages with every game of basketball like it's life or death.He swears and laughs and throws air punches and totally lives out loud and it's amazing.
- 6.THIS IS THE BEST FUCKING CHILE RELLENO I'VE EVER HAD AND I NEED NOTHING MORE, EVER.It's battered and fried and ENORMOUS and oozing jack cheese and black beans and grilled corn.
- 7.Who would I be if I lived here?In this tiny town that everyone abandons for months on end.
- 8.Would I be married to a mountain man within the week and have children swaddled in non-ironic flannel?Is that my fate? IS IT???
- 9.Do people come to this town to live or to die?And is this a fundamental distinction by which we can separate the geography of the world? 💅🌌⚡️🔮👻