FROM THE MOUTHS OF TODDLERS
This was actually a list requested by @jansonebwoodlee the day I joined ListApp. Lucky for him, I've spent the whole weekend with the genius toddlers he wanted this to be about: Izzy Ellsworth Cale (6) and his little sister Sabine Roseberry Cale (4). Compiled with note-taking assistance from their mama.
- •I know there are small pox. Are there also big pox?I'm scurred.
- •Daddy, how tall is the morning? I know: It's 300 years old.It is?
- •Are we going on the highway????? WHY????? I LIKE THE LOW WAY!!!!Who knew?
- •Daddy, I want to slice and dice Lily!You can do that tomorrow, Izzy.
- •Lily, did you make up your job???Um, yes I did.
- •Can you find my key? Can you use magic to make it appear or should I ask Santa if he could please make one and bring it to me?Hmmmmmm.
- •Daddy, why are you reading the newspaper on your phone—it makes your brain crazy!!!Good point.
- •WE ALL LIVE IN A LILY SUBMARINE, A LILY SUBMARINE, A LILY SUBMARINETo the tune of you know what.
- •She needs a timer, okayyyy? She's not a time expert.I'm not???
- •I'm not scared of the ocean. It's not like a tiger or a wild chicken! It's just the ocean.Now I'm afraid of wild chickens.
- •Did you marry somebody, Lily? Why didn't you have a baby?No comment.
- •Is Robinson Crusoe still alive?Yes, and I'm going to marry him and have his babies.