HOW TO MAKE A TANGY, SULTRY DREAM OF A FRUIT FREEZE / GRANITA
You can use fresh or frozen fruit. If your fruit is frozen, omit the ice in steps below. Perfect for pool-time or beach-time or bbq or life in gen.
- 1.Peel, pit, prep fruit of your choice. Freeze if desired.
- 2.Select a citrus to add for a high note. Lemon, lime, blood orange, etc!
- 3.Select a fresh herb to blend in for a low note. Mint, basil, tarragon, cilantro, etc!
- 4.Have a few pinches of sea salt on hand for a sexy note.
- 5.Add fruit to a high powered blender, with or without a whole lotta ice, depending on whether fruit is fresh or frozen.
- 6.Add citrus juice (at least half the citrus, juiced, or more depending on amount of fruit) and pinches of sea salt and blend.
- 7.Once you've got your desired consistency, add in a handful of the fresh herbs and blend again. Don't blend long—just until the leaves become flecks.
- 8.Flavor recos: Watermelon + lemon + basil. Cantaloupe + lime + a tiny bit of cilantro. Strawberry + lemon + mint. Mango + lime + mint.
- 9.Eat straight out of the blender. Or mix in a liquor of your choice. And/or make into popsicles!
- 10.The recipe for this Mango Mint Freeze is on the blog! www.kaleandcaramel.com/mango-mint-freeze