HOW TO MAKE PESTO THAT TASTES LIKE ITALIA
The other day I got sad my pesto never makes me feel sexy or bright or mysterious the way it does when I'm in Italy. I used Google to fix that problem, and now I'm here to share the solution with you.
- 1.Submerge a whole crapload (like two bunches) of fresh basil leaves in boiling water for 15 seconds.This is called blanching! It's the key to bright, sexy, light pesto.
- 2.Put blanched basil in an ice water bath.❄️💦💦❄️
- 3.Squeeze it out!You'll have about 1/2 cup 🍃🍃🍃
- 4.Blend or process: Blanched basil, 1 clove garlic, 1 1/2 tablespoons pine nuts, and 1/2 cup grated parmigiano.Add some of the water you used for the ice bath as you blend. Poco a poco.
- 5.Remove from mixer and stir in 1/4 to 1/2 cup good olive oil.Yum.
- 6.Taste. Add salt if necessary.I never need it because the cheese is so salty. (WHERE'S THE CHEESE EMOJI.)
- 7.Toss with anything and everything that makes you feel good.🇮🇹🇮🇹🇮🇹
- 8.1. Take cute selfie with basil.Pretty much guarantees perfect pesto.Suggested by @alanakysar