SO I'M DATING A PRIEST
Meh, dating may be a strong word. We met on Tinder. We had one (very good) date, a lot of texting, and have another date in the pipeline. These are questions I have asked him, in chronological order. Feel free to suggest your own!
- •So, are you a man of the cloth?"I am."
- •Do people say man of the cloth?"I think they do!"
- •From what cloth art thou cut?I literally said it like that. I felt I had no choice!!! "Episcopalian."
- •How does it work for a priest on Tinder?Apparently it kinda works!
- •I'm assuming you're not on here for random hookups? (But forgive me if I'm wrong.)I was right.
- •I'm also assuming you'd like your partner to be involved in the church? (Again, forgive me if I'm wrong!)I was wrong. Instead, he said he wanted to be with someone who "is actively cultivating her inner life. I want our partnership to be a refuge." HMMMMM!!! Then I told him I was a Jewish Buddhist humanist. Just so he could really see my soul, y'know? He was unphased.
- •Do you hate the gays?JK I didn't say it like that, but I did, y'know, have to check!!! He's an advocate, like politically.
- •Do you like jazz?He does.
- •QUESTION PENDING: So, um, per your previous chill af response re partner not in the church, WHAT ARE YOUR FEELINGS ABOUT WHEN WE HAVE KIDS???I will be so chill when I ask this, you guys, really.