THINGS I HAVE CANNED THIS WEEK
I'm more of a quick pickler/jammer than a hardcore professional waterbath canner, but that all changed this week (bc someone paid me to can, not bc I was possessed by the canning spirit). We shoot tomorrow (oh hey @maxosswald), so I've been going nuts all week in a reckoning w my future self who lives on a farm w my hub (oh hey @mollyyeh).
- •Dill picklesStandard, but with fresh dill AND dill seeds.
- •Tomato jamWith lots of coriander. So good! Umami-town.
- •Strawberry jamWith tons of lemon zest.
- •Apple butterMade in a slow cooker. I don't think I'm a slow cooker person. (Thanks for the loaner @Suzanne!)
- •Spicy dill pickles with fennel and caraway seeds.My preferred. That fennel, tho.
- •SauerkrautLactofermented for 7 days. Could go for another 3 weeks if I had the time. This I would do again. So easy! And all that great bacteria. Literally just cabbage and non iodized sea salt. Some caraway if you want.
- •No-bake Mason jar mini strawberry cheesecakesWell, not exactly canned, but 🍓✨fun✨🍓.