THINGS I HAVE DONE IN THE THROES OF ILLNESS
I've been sick for 11 days. It was one thing while I was traveling and then I came home and it morphed into a beast with infinite heads. Here's what I did in the last 24 hours, whilst battling a 100° fever.
- •Watch an entire season of Great British Baking ShowI love it and all, but why so much sponge cake? Good lord, people.
- •Take a business callBOY WAS THAT A BAD IDEA!
- •CryI always cry when I'm sick and wish I had a mom to take care of me (or just a mom at all).
- •Eat leftover phoThank god for pho.
- •Listen to the episode of RadioLab on ElementsDiscover that suicide and felony rates are up to 30% lower in towns with more lithium in the water. 😳
- •Drink at least a gallon of waterIt's terrifying how much water I drank.
- •Take my temperature a thousand timesI didn't want to die.
- •Text @RebeccaWalker a million timesAfter she came over, braving the infirmary that is my home ❤️❤️❤️.
- •Sanitize my car key with rubbing alcoholSo @Suzanne could move my car so I wouldn't get a ticket. Life saver ❤️.
- •Smear lavender essential oil all over myselfIn a weak approximation of WMMWD (what my mom would do).
- •Run out of KleenexFun times.
- •Drink all the drinksCoconut aloe juice, apple cider vinegar limeade, turmeric spiced almond milk, etc. Don't think there's not a kale lemon Kevita and another coconut aloe juice in the fridge.
- •Text @brookielyons when she wrote to see if I was aliveShe provided the sage wisdom to "Go in the tub and bathe your armpits and groin area with cool water. The major arterial pathways." And then she gave me a Louise Hay affirmation for transforming the burning hell of fever into cool rivers of peace. Jk Louise didn't mention hell. Thank you, Brookie ❤️.
- •Repeatedly mutter to myself, "You can do it, Lily" any time I get out of bed so I won't collapse somewhereI found this both psychotically funny and deeply pathetic, but it WORKED. I actually was able to get myself water.
- •Moisturize my nose/nostrilsWith an alternating blend of coconut oil and comfrey salve. Gotta keep that shit fresh.
- •Watch "Two Fat Ladies" making savory gentlemen's delightsAka the best thing I've seen in a really long time. Must. Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ4YMVGgsMU
- •Sleep'Cause fuck if I'm moving.