THINGS I LIKE IN A HUMMUS (AND A MAN)
Had some of the best hummus ever this weekend at Oren's Hummus in Palo Alto with @kirasolveig. Got me to thinking.
- 1.Assertive yet gentle.In flavor. In texture. In tang. I like a hummus/man that effortlessly takes me to heights of culinary bliss and otherwise.
- 2.Unafraid of tahini.If you don't like tahini, it's over before it even began.
- 3.Unflinching in the face of bitterness.Balanced hummus plays with the edge of bitterness, a flavor that Jennifer McLagan calls the most dangerous in the world.
- 4.Olive oil drenched.Need I say more?
- 5.Hearty.Forget passive, puny hummus. I like thick but not dense, creamy but not palatally challenging. A hummus/man that shows up.
- 6.Flush with herbal overtones.Whether garnished with parsley, cilantro, basil, or mint, a good hummus/man should know its way around a garden.
- 7.Looks like this.Plus Ryan Gosling. The end.