THINGS I WANTED FROM A MAN WHEN I WAS 18, DOCUMENTED IN LIST FORM
My freshman year roommate and I dictated these lists to each other in college. I still have mine (picture below): "Things Lily Wants from Him".
- •appreciation of silencelol
- •knows how to cookvalid
- •be able to define, appreciate, and understand his love for individualsI was dating some vague motherfuckers
- •will not talk down to peoplealso valid
- •doesn't talk too much about himselflololol
- •makes her laughok
- •ability to appreciate the value of the present moment while taking the future into accountI mean, sure
- •loves the oceannow we're getting into some heavy duty poetry shit
- •loves to play in the rainwhat?
- •loves to be nakednudists watch out
- •knows what he wants & doesn't runbut what if he wants a bagel and it's in the other room?
- •loves and understands the interplay of light and shadowagain with the poetry
- •loves the sound of the windcritical in determining capacity for partnership, second only to appreciation of silence
- •a love of children - appreciation of their wonderby which I meant, wants to get married and have babies WITH ME