THINGS VLADIMIR KRIMSKY COMMANDED ME TO DO TODAY ON THE FARM
When I first moved to LA, I sniffed out the closest farm—a sprawling acreage on Hollywood Blvd btw Gardner & Curson, tended to by elderly Russian folks and overseen by Master Head Gardner Toby Leaman.
- 1."Get positive energy from eucalyptus tree."Vladimir is Toby's second in command—she's a real hard-hitting 77 y o broad that takes no bs. But she did do as Vladimir told, and hugged the tree. She then informed me the tree is about 115 years old. I hugged it, too.
- 2."Move wheelbarrows."From the wood chip pile to where the compost used to be. Because farm reorg.
- 3."Get svetty and you no have to go to gym!"This comment delivered as he supervised my transport of a giant barrel of tools into his desired repair station locale.
- 4."Don't tell anyone about leaves! So we can use."Upon discovering the kaffir lime tree we have in the herb garden annex.
- 5."You and I, we think on same direction."Do we, Vladimir, do we?