Already on li.st? Open in app.
17 weeks along and I'm an emotional rock
- •Saw a picture of a cute hedgehog
- •Husband suggested we watch Mad Men faster
- •Someone on Mad Men said something funny about diarrhea
Solo or in groups, day or night, this is my #2 favorite thing in the world
- •Atlantic OceanBoston and Maine areas
- •Pacific OceanOregon coast
- •Mediterranean SeaSouth of France
Years before I met my husband, I was dating a boy (intentional use of "boy") who said the following to me, and, for the first time ever in my dating history, an exit sign immediately appeared for our relationship.
- •Following some 2 minute train of thought from me: "You, like, think your thoughts...HARD. Like, I have a thought and I'll notice it and then stop. But you, like, keep going."(Oh, bless you wherever you are, child.)
I'm white. And I taught in urban Boston-area schools for two years during which time I was very cautious about what I revealed to my teenage students. One day, a group of all minority students tried to guess my race.
- •ItalianTrue, but...
- •Not-white(I sincerely think they didn't consider I was white because they found white people unapproachable in the rest of their lives, but they (kinda) liked me.)
- •TanMy favorite one.
- •You pregnant? You pregnant, miss?Even after I explained that made me feel self-conscious. My female students explained they just REALLY wanted me to have a baby.
- •(Follow-up I received 50% of the time: You sure??? *knowing look*)I don't miss much about teaching (such a hard job!), but these cute+ridiculous interactions with my students make me a bit nostalgic.
Her name is Lily (full name Lily James #harrypotter) and they have a rough relationship
- •Lils or LilithHarmless. It gets worse quickly.
- •Lily faceShe does have a face...
...and use rather often
- •WhifWhen+If: allows streamlining of conversations about conditionals
- •FriceFour times (much more fun to say than thrice)
- •FreezpassFree EzPass (electronic toll payment method in the Northeast) (also a joke that made me laugh for a solid year)
- •Nawkward"Not awkward" - Apparently (according to my husband), the only way to make the word awkward more awkward is by adding an N.
(This list is just for me. I can never remember when I'm at the store)
No, I am not pregnant. But we have frequent discussions/debates about names for future children. We are for sure going to have weird kids.