5 important people who made an impact in my life
Scientists, authors, historians and philosophers.
- •James Burke - science historian. Star of tv shows The Day the Universe Changed and Connections."Any one of a million things could fail and cause our complex civilization to collapse for an hour, for a day, or however long. That's when you find out the extent to which you are reliant on technology and don't even know it. That's when you see that it's so interdependent, that if you take one thing away, the whole thing falls down and leaves you with nothing."
- •Carl Sagan - Astronomer, cosmologist, astrophysicist, astrobiologist, author."It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out."
- •Douglas Adams - Author."The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be."
- •Neil deGrasse Tyson - Astrophysicist."The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
- •Noam Chomsky - Philosopher, social critic."How many centuries would I have to live reading twenty-four hours a day every day of the week to make a dent in what I'd like to learn about things, it's pretty depressing. You know, we have little bits of understanding, glimpses, a little bit of light here and there, but there's a tremendous amount of darkness, which is a challenge. I think life would be pretty boring if we understood everything. It's better if we don't understand anything... and know that we don't, that's the important part."