I Befriended Some Dogs Over the Weekend 🙈
Last weekend I visited a kelong on Riau Island in Indonesia. The first time I went there I delivered lots of belly rubs and head scratches to a family of four dogs living there. And the second time I befriended even more of them 💕 (Edit: I'm posting this up again because I don't know why li.st moved all my lists to drafts!)
- 1.The MumI don't have a picture of her but she likes to hang out at the jetty. I only saw her once this time round, she spends most of her time on the beach.
- 2.The DadHe seems quiet and stoic first but after half a minute of having his head scratched, he will flop over and curl his paws up like the puppy he really is. He also has a flabby neck that I love to jiggle.
- 3.The Son, MeekoI'm not sure if I spelled his name right but he's the only one whose name I know! He loves to roll his head back to look at whoever is patting him. And his fur is SUPER SOFT. I really want to know what he did to get such gorgeous fur.
- 4.The DaughterShe's rather shy but I somehow managed to gain her trust the first time I visited. She seems to remember me because she scampered over to me and stopped in front of me, with a look of joy and recognition in her eyes. She came into my room one day and when I expressed disapproval she slinked out and flattened her ears guiltily 😂 She sometimes sits outside my room and she came to the jetty to look for me one day. Such a sweetheart 😌
- 5.Fish LoverHaven't met her before! She loves being patted and she will stick her paw onto your knee whenever you stop patting her. She lurks around the jetty sniffing for fish, hence the nickname 🐟
- 6.Naughty PuppyHe might be Meeko's little brother, my brother spotted them playing together. We nicknamed him thus because my dad saw him growling at his sister Scruffy Puppy when she tried to share his fish. But he's not really *that* naughty, when my dad warned him not to steal fish he obediently sat down next to the bucket.
- 7.Scruffy PuppyAnother sweetheart! Her fur is unlike the other dogs', it's feathery and fluffed up. She doesn't get to share Naughty Puppy's food because she's so gentle and slow. She sniffs at the food for about five seconds before she starts eating. She likes to relocate herself frequently and the way she plops down is really cute.
- 8.Bonus: Naughty Puppy and Scruffy Puppy napping together (≧∪≦)