Most common things white women say to try and relate to me
Never sure if it's condescending or if I should appreciate the effort; always mostly annoyed and I definitely question if you're truly racist or not.
- •Hey girl!I know, I know you saw it on TV and in every movie with a sassy black sidekick.
- •Blah, blah, blah...you know gurl!
- •Yeah guuurl!But you're just trying to demonstrate how culturally aware you are and that you had one black classmate in the 3rd grade.
- •Anything ending in girl, gurl, or guuuurl!I get it, I do! It's an attempt to compensate for that time you were uncomfortable at the joke about fried chicken but laughed anyway or that whole slavery thing. Or just to show that you don't really know any black people but you're open to your kid having a black friend one day.
- •I do the same thing when I try to relate to other black women too!OMG! Am I racist too? Oprah would be so disappointed in me.