I Self-diagnosed These Diseases After Learning About Them in PA School
PA students are the best hypochondriacs and the worst patients.
- •LupusWith a huge range of symptoms affecting nearly every body system, lupus is always on the differential. Even my non-medical boyfriend has caught on!
- •Myocardial infarction (aka heart attack)Turns out it was chest pain due to anxiety and stress.
- •Brain aneurysm (ruptured)"Well it was the worst headache of my life!" (pro tip: if it actually was a ruptured aneurysm, you wouldn't be able to talk about it)
- •Stomach ulcerFor the record, my doctor agreed with me on this one.
- •Vertebral artery dissectionbecause I cracked my neck and it felt weirder than usual
- •Transient Ischemic Attack aka TIA aka mini-strokeSudden onset visual changes..turns out it was my first migraine.
- •Patellar-Femoral SyndromeExercising regularly was painful at first.
- •Other PA/MD/nursing students..what have you irrationally diagnosed yourselves with?Don't pretend you haven't!