Things about me
Just putting a few thoughts down. This list ended up being an introspective adventure for me!
- •I over-analyze my social mishaps even years after they happen. May be accompanied by harsh self-criticism of said events.May have something to do with being introverted. On that note...
- •I didn't realize I was an introvert until I was 25.I felt betrayed that I didn't recognize this core feature about myself and was very relieved when I figured it out.
- •Studying abroad was one of the best things I did in college but it was basically a 4-month-long identity crisis for me.For that reason, I don't really want to go back even though it's a great country.
- •Recognizing my depression and anxiety has helped me understand more about myself than anything else.
- •I'm still trying to figure out how to handle my "bad" depression days.I'm fortunate to now have more good days than bad, so what should I do on the bad days? Try to ignore it? Fester in it until it subsides? Actively seek out a solution? Does such a solution even exist? I feel like my ability to do this should be reminiscent of my ability on a good day, but that doesn't seem fair or practical. So the cycle continues.
- •A lot of my confidence and self-worth is tied to being able to serve others.I primarily fulfill this by working in healthcare.