Meaningful lyrics aka Music that I just got into cause I'm behind on the times (Rilo Kiley edition)
I'm always into popular music, way later than I should be. I only really got into Rilo Kiley/Jenny a couple of years ago, but I feel like they've been around forever. I first discovered them through Grey's Anatomy from their big, hit song "Portions for Foxes". Then sort of forgot about them. Then got really into them and here are my fave lyrics.
- •Portions for Foxes"There's blood in my mouth cause I've been biting my tongue all week/I keep on talking trash but I never say anything".
- •Does he love you?"Get a real job, keep the wind at your back and the sun on your face/All the immediate unknowns are better than knowing this tired and lonely fate"
- •Silver Linings"I never felt so wicked as when I willed our love to die"
- •'Breakin up"It's not as if NYC burnt down to the ground once you drove away"
- •Wires and Waves"And sometimes planes, they smash up in the sky/And sometimes lonely hearts, they just get lonelier"
- •The Frug"And I can hate your girl/I can tell you that she's real pretty/ I can take my clothes off/I cannot fall in love"
- •Teenage Love Song"We were teenagers, the first time we met/ you were so famous, I couldn't resist" "I gave you sweet love boy, you said it was nice/it was my first time, we did it just twice/ went out for some sodas, when will you return? But you dissed me, dissed me, dissed me" "I still love you & always will/all those motel rooms, you fronted the bill" (pretty sure Jenny Lewis is singing about Jake Gyllenhaal here)
- •Never"I'm only a woman of flesh and bone"
- •Jenny Lewis-You are what you Love"But you are what you love and not what loves you back"
- •Jenny Lewis-Acid Tongue"I went to a cobbler to fix a hole in my shoe, he took one look at my face and said I can fix that hole in you/ I beg your pardon, I'm not looking for a cure. I've seen enough of my friends in the depth of the godsick blues/ you know I'm a liar/nobody helps a liar".
- •Jenny Lewis-she's not me"Heard she's having your baby/and everything's so amazing/and it goes on and on and on and on and on" "but she's not me. She's easy"
- •Jenny Lewis-Just one of the Guys"No matter how hard I try to be just one of the guys, there's a little voice inside that just won't let me/I'm not gonna pay for you, that's not what ladies do!"