10 LINES FROM MY OLD "MAD MEN" SPEC
aka, ten reasons i went into comedy. happy premiere!
- •DON DRAPER takes a deep drag on his cigarette. while the train is pretty full, it's not quite rush hour yet. never too early for a lucky.
- •SALVATORE: is jennifer glowing yet? HARRY: she is. and smoking like a chimney to keep her weight down.
- •PAUL (re: ken doll): he looks just like you cosgrove. harry points to the doll's smooth bulge. HARRY: right down to it.
- •ROGER: hungry? DON: something's gotta soak up lunch.
- •FRANCINE: the tenth anniversary is traditionally tin. but i swear, if carlton shows up with a baking pan, it'll be our last.
- •FRANCINE: i don't know why we need gas heat anyhow. i spend most of my time in the kitchen, the warmest room in the house.
- •ANITA: just... don't spend too much time talking about work. peggy grimaces, skeptical. ANITA: i wouldn't want you to overwhelm him.
- •DON: in the beginning, god created man. mattel created a woman first and a man to follow in her footsteps.
- •DON: up until now, it seemed she had it all: a glamorous life complete with clothing, careers, clout. but there was one "c" barbie was lacking -- a companion. ken is the only accessory barbie lacks.
- •the radio goes static as don reaches for a lucky from his inside jacket pocket. but when he shakes the pack, he discovers it's empty. FADE OUT