LA COFFEE SHOP BATHROOMS RANKED
they say, "don't shit where you eat" but you've gotta pee where you write.
- •dinosaur coffeesingle/unisex. spacious, high ceilings, somehow always manages to smell lovely, despite presence of never-flushed urinal. (list request: what up with urinals). bonus points for playful light fixture and on-brand door mural.
- •caffe vitaseparate boys/girls singles. persian carpets line the way to these clean, spacious, mint subway-tiled bathrooms that, like the rest of caffe vita, are dimly lit. fine for peeing, terrible for reapplying eyeliner.
- •h coffee houseseparate boys/girls, as designated by this snazzy signage. two stalls, but the door to the bathroom rarely closes so those working nearest to the bathroom are probs listening to you pee.
- •paper or plastiksingle/unisex, with a handy vacant/occupied toggle. they've replaced the door handle that fell off in my hand last time, but there's a speaker in there so if you don't like the music they're playing, it'll be ten times louder in the bathroom.
- •alfred coffeesingle/unisex. warm lighting, charming wallpaper and the only visible graffiti reads: "not my circus, not my animals." would've been higher on the list but it's "under construction" 40% of the time, which is rough for a place that serves diuretics.
- •intelligentsia silver lakeunisex/single. maybe it's the foot traffic from all the tourists, but this bathroom has seen some shit.
- •starbucks (all locations)homeless bathhouses.