Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •"That's Tennessee/Texas/Missouri/Iowa/Nebraska/Kansas/etc. for ya!"Every time someone refers to drastic weather changes this way, I feel like I'm losing my mind. Sometimes weather changes a lot! It's not just your state! The absolute worst is when someone says this when we're at the end of a season: "That's March in Tennessee for ya!" Right, yes, that's what happens when the seasons change.
If I don't find it on my feedly, I save it here. They're ordered from oldest to most recent.
- •Can White Americans Be Free?A Salon think piece from 2013. It's been there for at least a year.
- •Vaccines Work. Here are the Facts.A cartoon from The Nib that fits this description. This has been open for almost exactly a year. At that time my husband worked with a lot of anti-vaxxers and it completely stressed me out.
- •The scientific evidence against spanking, timeouts, and sleep training.Found on Quartz. I'm a nanny and read obsessively. And I'm convinced there's little to no good that comes from above items based on my experience, gut, etc.
In chronological order
- •LilaBy Marilynne Robinson
- •Mexico: The CookbookBy Margarita Carrillo Arronte
- •Leaving Church: A Memoir of FaithBy Barbara Brown Taylor
Adrian is 3, and I am his nanny.
- •"Windsey, do you like vanilla lattes or chocolate lattes?"Asked as I was strapping him into his car seat.
- •"Windsey, I noticed a new little kind of car called Acura."He turned and said this to me while we were sitting on the couch watching Winnie the Pooh.
- •"Windsey, you're adorable!!"He was angry at me about something, and he balled up his little fists and yelled this at me.
- •1996: Pocahontas (I did not know about cultural appropriation yet, sorry y'all.)
- •1998: Cheerleader for the University of Northern Iowa
- •2008: Essie, a failed ballerina (You Can't Take It With You)