10 THINGS KEEPING ME SANE IN THE LAST 2 WEEKS OF PREGNANCY
Here's the thing about babies: they make their arrival whenever the heck the feel like it! I am not a person who handles surprises and uncertainly very well. Here are some of the things helping me stay content and sane right now:
- •Afternoon naps
- •Decaf hot tea in the mornings and decaf ice cold Coke in the afternoon
- •My little wedge-shaped Boppy pillow
- •Listening to Ian say, "Oh, baby Leo..."
- •Reading Great With Child by Beth Anne Fennelly
- •Fresh flowers from Trader Joe's (see also: cookie butter)
- •The autumn leaves!
- •Good music: The new Adele song and Sandra McCracken's Psalms album
- •Not reading the news. (I don't feel well-informed, but sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.)
- •Washing and sorting all those adorable newborn footie pajamas