THINGS I DIDN'T REALIZE I SAID/DID SO MUCH UNTIL MY TODDLER STARTED TALKING
Inspired by @jeremyblachman
- •"Oh my!"This is Ian's favorite exclamation if something is funny, silly, or not going the way he'd like.
- •Starbucks at Target.We took a family run to Target late one night for diapers. When we started leaving the store, Ian looked at me, pointed to Starbucks, and said, "No drink, Mama?" My husband looked at me and said "Busted."
- •"Hmm...let me think."Ian says this ALL the time while playing. I also hear him saying it while talking to himself alone in his room.
- •"How about we..."I think I use this one for subtle redirection...he uses it to tell me what to do.
- •"I have an idea."Another playtime favorite.
- •Drink from mason jars, while my husband drinks from plastic cups purchased at sporting events.He points to them in the dishwasher and says, "This Mama cup, this one Dada cup." He also gets very upset if I use the wrong one. "Dada need that!"
- •"Not right now." / "Not yet."I say these phrases in an attempt to inspire patience. 😉 He uses them for thinly veiled defiance.