THINGS YOU SHOULDN'T SAY TO AN ASEXUAL
There are plenty more, but this is some of what I've experienced. Let's keep it light, yo.
- •"Does that mean you can get yourself pregnant?"Nah......but thanks for your concern.
- •"What happened to you?"Asexuality is not the result of trauma or a choice not to have sex. Celibacy, on the other hand, is. Asexuality is not the same thing as celibacy.
- •"That's not a real thing/you just haven't found the right person."I assure you, it is a real thing. Also, sexuality is not dependent on another person. Did you have to have sex with "the right person" before you were convinced to like/need sex?
- •"Does that mean you're a virgin?"Not necessarily. Many asexuals have had, or continue to have, sex. Asexuality means that you don't have sexual attraction or desire to have sex. A consenting adult, whether or not they have a sexual attraction, can have sex.
- •"I couldn't imagine never having sex!"Then you, my dear, are not an asexual. Flip this statement around and you may get what it feels like to be an asexual in a very, VERY sexual world. Watching television or listening to Top 40 songs makes me say, "I can't imagine all these people wanting to have sex."