these are my true favorite sounds, I love them all
- •The sound of gravel under my shoesCrunch crunch crunch
- •The buzzing of the powerlines in west LAThis is the quintessential sound of LA to me, a constant hum outside my first apartment
- •The faint sounds of plates and silverware clinking at dusk as i walk through my neighborhoodNo matter where I live, it's a city sound and I love it.
- •The bus (LA)Used to pass by my last apartment, after I got over it being loud and annoying it became kind of lulling/peaceful.
- •My dad's humming and snifflingHe is always humming and he has allergies. The sound of home.
- •"Pirrrrruuup" : the sound my cat makes when he is saying heyOccasionally when he feels like getting up to greet me when I come home, or decides to wake me at 5am to remind me to feed him
- •The sweet song of a dial-up modem (bing bing bing boooong crrrhhhhhhhhzzzzz)Probably will never ever hear it again but it is the nostalgic sound of my youth.
- •putting a tape in a tape deck and pushing the buttonsOn my Sony boom box in the 6th grade. I made so many mix tapes
- •The "boooong boooong" of an approaching elevatorSuggested by @evan