INCREDIBLE THINGS I SAW IN DEATH VALLEY NATIONAL PARK (ONLY 2 1/2 HOURS FROM LA)
Beautiful, breathtaking, and a universe of landscapes, each unique and strange. My favorite National Park experience so far, it felt like we had it all to ourselves. The draw of the desert is eternal.
- •The Artist's PaletteMinerals paint these hills, you can wander among them. We went at sunset, I thought my heart would explode it was so beautiful.
- •The Mesquite DunesEpic and beautiful and fun to climb and slide down barefoot
- •Dante's ViewBehold the inferno below you. It's almost 5000 feet up, cool and breezy and you can see the tie-dye of the basin swirling in all it's salty glory
- •The Devil's Golf CourseGnarly salt crystals in the basin for this magnificent maze. Bizarre and other-worldly.
- •Zabriskie PointSeriously.
- •More Artist's PaletteThere are not words enough to say how breathtaking this is. I am still high on it and it was 2 weeks ago.
- •Darwin FallsLife finds a way.
- •Charcoal KilnsCharcoal was made in these at the turn of the century( for only 3 years) and carried 30 miles away to a mine in mule wagons. Now they are echoing and beautiful and you can sing "do-re-mi" in surround sound and it's fun as hell
- •Badwater BasinThe lowest point in the US, almost 300 feet below sea level, you feel it. Walk out on salt. It's so weird.
- •I mean, gorgeous.That's my friend Alyx