Albums to Listen to After a Breakup
Surviving a breakup is hard, and even though you are told not to listen to sad music – in case you want to kill yourself – I still think it's an important part of the process to cry. Hard. Please enjoy some old and new favorites. Ps. Adele is not attending
- •Amy Winehouse's Back to BlackLove Is A Losing Game, Wake Up Alone, Back to Black - Jesus Christ I want to cry just seeing the track list. I think Tears Dry On Their Own is my favorite, though, as the lyrics makes me both sad and somehow stronger at the same time.
- •Lana Del Rey's UltraviolenceI love all Lana's albums, but this is the one I have cried and listened to the most. At one point I actually thought I was Lana. I hope she will stay single and unhappy forever.
- •Tame Impala's CurrentsBest album of 2015, and I listened to it so much that Spotify actually won't let me play it anymore. The problem with this album is just that it justifies your lover's decision to leave you, so if you still have a lover: don't let him or her listen to it.
- •OK fuck this list, I'm just doing songs now.
- •Sufjan Stevens - 4th of July"Did you get enough love, my little dove?" I know this entire album is about his dead mother, but if your heart is broken enough, everything goes.
- •Ane Brun - HangingThis song is everything. Her tender voice singing "can't do without you" makes me wanna throw myself off a cliff.
- •Father John Misty - I Love You, HoneybearThis song might be a bit silly, but, being alone listening to these lyrics, makes you feel so small and mortal it's almost too much to take. PS. You might also fall in love with Father John Misty, but that's ok.
- •Britney Spears - Everytime"Our love is strong/Why carry on without me?" I diiiiie! This song was written to Justin Timberlake after they broke up – and what did she get in return? "Cry Me a River". Love sucks.
- •The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your EyesKill me
- •If you have more sad songs the world needs to cry to, please share! And to all of you who have just had your heart broken: it's going to be ok.