HOW TO MAKE SOME COFFEE CONCENTRATE FOR EASY ICED COFFEE IN THE AM ON THESE HOT ASS DAYS
This one is for you @hellenharty 👯
- •You'll need this stuff or stuff like itFrench press, ground coffee (I like this one from Trader Joe's, but be your own butterfly and do you!), and room temperature filtered water
- •Pour some coffee grounds into the French press
- •Fill it to here-ish
- •Then add some water
- •Fill it up
- •Stir it up
- •Keep stirring
- •Plop the top on
- •Let it sit overnight/for 12 hours.
- •Press it in the morning!
- •Pour that coffee concentrate into a container/jug/something that'll fit in your refrigeratorI got this thing at Home Goods, but a washed out milk jug, or 2 liter soda bottle would work too
- •Let it hang out in there, make friends with your condiments, and get cold!I'm impatient so I usually pull it out before it's cold and compensate by adding extra ice to my beverage
- •Pour some in a glassThe amount depends on how much you want. Also, if you use ground espresso, you can use less concentrate and still get a strong coffee drink.
- •Add cold waterThe amount depends on how strong you like your coffee. I usually do a 1:1 ratio of concentrate to water. But I'm not going to tell you how to live your life.
- •Add milk, sugar, whatever your preference is. And then ice.I've been using sweetened condensed milk lately. It's good: no pressure. USE IT
- •Sip and enjoy.And save your iced coffee bucks for something fun. Like a cupcake. Or strawberry danish. Or ice cream.