IT WAS THE WORST OF TIMES, IT WAS THE MOST UNCOMFORTABLE OF TIMES
Anxiety-ridden since 1986
- •Online datesI don't know the rules of this, and it's weird to meet a near-stranger anywhere. Anxiety level: 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
- •Going to an unfamiliar restaurantAll the yelping in the world can't properly prepare you for this: also, not knowing the restroom situation is problematic. Anxiety level: 😁😁😁😁😁😁 if alone and 😁😁😁😁 if with a friend, but 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 if with a date
- •Last minute invitesDon't ask me to do something unless you can give me a minimum of 4 hours notice, but at least 3 days is the best amount of time. I have to mentally prepare for the outing. Anxiety level: 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 and if it's somewhere I've never been: 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 maximum anxiety
- •Going to see a comedy show aloneLove doing most things alone, but for some reason at a comedy show (standup/sketch/improv/whatever) I become very self conscious. Anxiety level: 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
- •Not knowing who is going to be at an eventJust tell me all the people that will be there, friend, even if I don't know them that way I can mentally prepare for meeting, and interacting with new humans. Anxiety level: 😁😁😁😁😁😁
- •When anyone goes for a hugThe one exception is if we're lovers. Other than that: it's going to be a sweaty, uncomfortable affair. Anxiety level: 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁 Can't we just shake hands, or better yet just say "later" and go our separate ways?