TAXIS > UBERS
A list dedicated to all the veteran taxi drivers out there 🚖💗 I love you
- •The likelihood of a taxi driver being chatty: minimalThe likelihood of an uber driver being chatty: extremely high. STFU dude, I'm hungover/still drunk and want silence
- •You're expected to sit in the backseat of a taxiIt's confusing as all hell in an uber. They almost expect you to sit in the front. I don't like feeling pressured to ride shotgun, and in a taxi you only ride up front if three of your friends are squished in back and you draw the short straw.
- •Taxi drivers are usually professional driversUber drivers are just guys/gals with a car and a smart phone
- •Taxis feel pretty safe (as previously mentioned: you sit in the back, and the drivers are usually professionals). Besides on Law and Order, I've heard very few stories of taxi drivers assaulting passengers.Uber: not so much. http://bit.ly/1KSpExT
- •But, Uber does have the benefit of being less expensive so it's got that going for it
- •(Full disclosure: I firmly believe taxis > ubers but my broke ass usually calls the latter)I pray to Yahweh/Zeus/God/Allah/Shangdi (I'm not religious so I shout out to as many deities as I can remember to cover my bases), and clutch my pepper spray for the entire ride. Every. Single. Time.