THINGS THAT UPSET MY CAT
I know she's upset because she'll make a "death meow" (low, deep, like something you'd imagine coming from beelzebub), or hiss, or bite, and when she's really pissed, puke. Cats are assholes, mine is no exception.
- •BirdsThey taunt her by flying past the window. When she was younger, before we came to LA, she used to go on a killing spree whenever the hell her blood thirst needed to be quenched. Now she's a prisoner, and she lets me know how unhappy that makes her every damn time a bird flutters by.
- •Strangers/friends/familyShe hates all. God forbid they try to pet her, and hell awaits anyone who picks her up. This is my sister, pre-scratch (she wouldn't let me take a picture after)
- •Not being fed when she wants to be fedThere is dry food out for her at all times. But when the princess wants the good stuff, I better damn well give her it. Even if it is 7am.
- •Not being given water from the faucet.Anytime she hears a faucet turn on she wants to drink from it. "Oh, you're washing your hands? This is where I drink from, step off!"
- •Anyone touching her pawsTo be fair, some monster did declaw her, so maybe this is a little justifiable
- •When I go awayDoesn't matter if it's for a day for work, or for a week for a vacation: if someone is looking in on her they're going to have to clean up rage-vom, and if she's just alone the neighbors will hear about it: because she'll death-meow all damn night. "I hate you, but don't EVER leave me"
- •Being movedWhether it's off of the bathroom rug so I can shower, off of a book so I can read, off of my computer so I can work, or off of a pillow so I can sleep she hates being moved. Once I found puke in my shoe after a particularly trying day of moving her around. I didn't even hear it coming, or see it 😒
- •Anything that takes attention away from herCats are basically toddlers with better coordination. If I'm doing anything, and she wants attention I'm going to be made to regret persevering/ignoring her. Hell hath no fury like a cat ignored.