THOUGHTS I'VE HAD DURING JOB INTERVIEWS
I've had a few job interviews in my lifetime. I'm sure I'll have a few more.
- •Whoa, this guy is handsome.This happened a few weeks ago. I was caught off guard, and immediately blushed, then felt myself blushing and blushed even more.
- •Am I sweating through this shirt? Can he/she see it? Do I smell?Always. Always. Always. Every time.
- •Wow, this guy is really into himself. He thinks he's great. 😒This happened yesterday. The guy had an anecdote about everything I said. Then tried to play life coach. Ugh, please die.
- •I don't know any of these people...I was 17, and interviewing for a job at Friendly's Restaurant. At one point the manager listed off girls I went to school that worked there.
- •Maybe a burger? Or sushi would be good. I could just make something. I have tortillas. Maybe a quesadilla.My mind inevitably wanders and I want lunch/dinner. And then I wonder about what I should have for it. This happens during every interview.
- •Should I say I want to be a teacher?I worked at a kids' gymnastic center in college despite a hatred for children. I said I wanted to be a teacher when I grew up. It was a lie.
- •No, no, no, no, no, noSometimes halfway through an interview I realize the worst thing the person could do is offer me a job because it sounds terrible.
- •14 years... UghRecently during an interview a guy told me he'd worked in the same position for the last 14 years. It's a position I've held and been promoted from. It made me feel sad. And wonder if he had any ambition. And if his dream was really to work in that position. If that's what brought him to Hollywood.
- •What a bitch.This crossed my mind when I interviewed to work at the corporate office of a real estate company. I hadn't had a job for 6 months so I took the offer when it was extended. My boss was a bitch. I learned to trust my gut more after that.
- •HOLY SHIT, I'M IN LOVEVery rarely, in fact only once, a job has sounded amazing, perfect even. It's felt so right that I've fallen in love on the spot.. Still waiting to hear back on that one.