MY FAVORITE LINES FROM HAMILTON, IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER
Subject to revision as I notice a new clever line every time l listen to the soundtrack
- •..........Hamilton wrote THE OTHER 51!!!!!!!!
- •We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, when I meet Thomas Jefferson, I'mma compel him to include women in the sequel....work!
- •I noticed a comma in the middle of a phrase, it changed the meaning, did you intend this? One stroke and you've consumed my waking days.....
- •Don't modulate the key then not debate with me!
- •A civics lesson from a slaver. Look, your debts are paid cuz you don't pay for labor, "we plant seeds in the South. We create." Yeah keep ranting. We know who's really doing the planting.
- •I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory, when's it gonna get me? In my sleep, seven feet ahead of me? If I see it comin to I run or do I let be? Is it like a beat without a melody?...
- •Should we honor our treaty, King Louis' head? Uh, do whatever you want, I'm super dead!
- •Sir, he knows what to do in a trench, ingenuitive and fluent in French, what's he gonna do on the bench? I mean, no one has more resilience or matches my practical tactical brilliance!
- •Excuse me miss, I know it's not funny, but your perfume smells like your Daddy's got money....
- •Lock up your daughters and horses, of course, it's hard to have intercourse over four sets of corsets
- •You and your words flooded my senses, your sentences left me defenseless, you built me palaces out of paragraphs, you built cathedrals....
- •Who lives, who dies, who tells your story?The entire song 😭😭😭😭😭😭 , but also the phrase as a theme and a sentiment (doesn't it apply to everybody?)
- •But I'm not afraid. I know who I married.Both Alexander and Eliza say this to each other at different points in their lives. 💗💗💗Suggested by @rulesofjinx
- •Uh…do whatever you want. I'm super dead!Cannot tell you how much I love this line!Suggested by @rulesofjinx