Already on li.st? Open in app.
- •Officially made my hobby "magnets"I genuinely was researching magnets for a good 5 hours today
- •I wore cut off Jean shorts
- •Played with cats
- •Pro: no commercialsSome commercials are hell to sit through esp on channels that seem to play 30 seconds of the show and then 5 minutes of commercials
- •Con: missing out on primo commercialsSome commercials are really good and I feel like I'm missing out. Also I miss promos for new shows or movies like that TV movie on ifc that Kristin wiig did over the summer
- •Pro: never have to miss my showsWithout the dvr is would miss like 90% of the shows I watch due to forgetfulness and overlapping programs or naps. Now I never have to compromise
It's really I didn't finish them because they we so boring I couldn't go on but I'm dramatic like that so...
- •House of Dies Drear in 5th gradeThis is absolutely not a book you should give 5th graders. Potentially the most boring book I've ever attempted to read. Let me tell you how much I hated this book. So my best friend was the fastest reader in the class so being a sneaky little kid I always waited for her to finish reading and wait a couple of minutes so it would be believable that I read the assigned portion for that day. I elected to stare into space for 20 minutes everyday rather than attempt to read this book.
- •Tuesdays with Morrie in 9th grade (I think)One of the more overrated books I've tired reading. It's probably bc I don't like this genre but never make me read this again or anything else by this author. I don't care how loved he is I will use his books are fuel for a fire.
- •Wuthering Heights in 10th gradeJesus Christ. That fucking butler/janitor whatever he was was never understandable. I get that's what made this more "believable" but my god I got a headache reading this and I averaged about 3 sentences per minute bc of this guy. Also unlike able character and I know that's why it's so good but come on there has to be something to cling to other than that fucked up love story
- •Beloved in 12th gradeI did actually like this book. It was well written and I did enjoy the stream of consciousness writing that Toni Morrison used. It just wasn't interesting enough for me to keep reading when I was hampered down by the shit of other work I had to do plus college apps. I may pick this book up again soon. OH! I also had to do my randomly assigned IB presentation on this book and if you know what that is you'll know how fucked you are if you didn't read the book.
Edit: this was way more dark than I anticipated
- 1.My sister TheresaBaby of the family and survived a rare blood disorder = recipe for favorite child
- 2.My oldest brother LeoDonated the marrow that saved my little sister. Also paid for a trip to Disney for the family and a trip for our dad and other brother to go to Las Vegas. Nickname is Jesus for obvious reasons
- 3.Tie: me and my other brother DanUnspectacular children
- 4.Honorable mention: my dog RoxieMy dad loves her more than any of us
- •Books you'll have to pry out of my cold dead handsAny Harry Potter book; Enders game; Jurassic park; extremely loud and incredibly close;
- •Types of crackers ranked1. Keebler club crackers; 2. Saltine crackers; 3. Water crackers; 4. Those small round crackers you put in soups; 5. Wheat thins
- •Numbers one though ten ranked1. Five; 2. Two; 3. Nine; 4. Seven; 5. Ten; 6. Three; 7. Ten; 8. Eight; 9. One; 10. Four
- •My favorite types of blanketsOnes that get cold and stay cold; my grandmas knit blankets; fleece blankets; I forget what they're called but there a bit stiff but really keep you warm it feels almost like canvas so that one
- •Hamilton the American Musical
I just don't get the hype
- •The breakfast clubThis movie sucks and you should feel bad about liking it
- •GreaseThis movie sucks and you should feel bad about liking it
- •The Big Bang theoryThis show sucks and you should feel bad for liking it
This will probably be extended in the future. @bjnovak @mindy @paullieb @JennaFischer thank you for this wonderful show
- 1."You know I have soft teeth how could you say that." - Michael Scott
- 2."I feel weaker. Yesterday I was stronger. Like Benjamin Button in reverse." - Michael Scott
- 3."Do you remember you specifically told me to bring one sheet of paper? You said it only takes one sheet to make a difference. I said, "Are you sure, Michael?" And you said, "Pam! Pam! Pam!" And then you sneezed in my tea and then you said, "Don't worry, it's just allergies." Do you remember that?" - Pam Beasley