THINGS I HAVE A HARD TIME REMEMBERING
I have a weird brain that refuses to retain certain things.
- •Any historical person with numbers behind their nameCharles the third? Pope John the whatever? Any of the Richard's? Sorry, not happening.
- •The order or number of U.S. Presidents
- •Names of hiking trailsI can remember specific things like trees or waterfalls, but not the name.
- •The year of specific eventsIt drives me crazy when I try to match events with the year they occurred in. I've started a note on my phone to try to help with this one.
- •Names of kids on the 9 upward teams I've coachedIn the moment you're like "these kids are incredible and there's no way I will ever forget their names!" And yet I find a picture from 2006 and I remember NO ONE.
- •The ages of my best friends' kidsNot proud. I use the barometer of my niece and nephew and work from there to come up with an approximate age.
- •Books I've readIt's why I now keep an annual list.
- •The year someone diedTough with my own family, even tougher with church people, friend's family members, national figures.
- •Wars and their corresponding yearsAlso can't remember the winners/losers
- •Scores of any sporting eventMy brother remembers scores from pretty much every game he's ever played in. I remember NONE. And my high school basketball team won a state championship!