Top 5 Non-Scorcese Films
I had to disqualify Mr. Scorsese from the list, just as I would disqualify the Beatles from a list of favorite albums. What do Martin and the Fab Four have in common? They only release solid gold and would dominate the list to the peril of my enjoyment. So, now that we know the rules, these are the winners in no particular order:
- •FargoI almost had to disqualify the Coens for being too damn prolific. So I just picked my favorite of theirs (no offense to The Big Lebowski or O Brother, Where Art Thou?)
- •Minority ReportMight be my favorite Spielberg flick, with either Catch Me if You Can or Saving Private Ryan following closely behind.
- •L. A. ConfidentialSome of the best performances by some of my favorite actors.
- •Groundhog DayHilarious and, as a plus, a brilliant if fairy-tail-ish concept that leaves us to reflect on how we'd want to spend eternity.
- •Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes BackNice to meetcha, Master Yoda.