Top Five American bands
I crap you not: I once had to answer this question on a job application. Hod I would've loved that job. Here's what I wrote:
- •Beach boysCuz Pet Sounds and we can't claim the Beatles.
- •WeezerI chose to not include Nirvana in my list. After that decision, I decided that I had to also exclude the other two grunge bands (Alice in Chains, Soundgarden), out of respect for Kobain. So, I decided that the right 90's non-grunge band was Weezer.
- •Vampire WeekendBecause they are masterpieces and I dream their songs.
- •AerosmithI watched Steven Tyler perform live in DC the other day. It was incredible, and I'd trade the memory for naught. He played "Dream On" on piano after covering a solid Beatles medley (which he nailed handily). God I love this band and Tyler's godlike falsetto. BTW, he had the restraint to not perform the Armageddon theme in the two hour set that he delivered beautifully.
- •The KillersAlso Brandon Flowers soloSuggested by @angela3950